After a presentation of the first insights into the project Local Division Hamburg by Katja Günther, state secretary of the ministry of justice of Hamburg, Professor Dr. Winfried Tilman, Of Counsel at Hogan Lovells will explain the 18th and final draft of the UPC rules of procedure. He has drafted it as one of the German members of the UPC Expert Group.
Finally, experts from different areas of the patent law practice will talk about the current draft. Next to Professor Tilmann, Beate Schmidt, president of the German Federal Patent Court, Dr. Volkmar Henke, patent lawyer and Partner at Eisenführ Speiser and Michaela Opfer, project manager of the Local Division Hamburg, will discuss the following questions:
- Which divisions are competent for which actions?
- How does the opt-out/opt-in work?
- What will be the language of the proceedings?
- What are the stages of the proceedings and which time limits have to be kept in mind?
- What are the consequences of the UPC for the competence of the national courts?